The origins of Rugui date back to the year 1920. A small foundry owned by the Ucin family manufactured farming tools and instruments.
Steel rims were split and heated and then the material was deformed by narrowing it, stretching it and curving it by repeatedly hitting it again and again with two eccentric mechanical ballista mallets.
The company’s first years.
This shop employed 25 workers during Román Ucín’s era around 1930. They worked in two shifts, producing around 100 scythe blades a day. Román and his team began specializing in the construction and repair of agricultural devices under the name Talleres Rugui.
An era of change.
In 1977, Román Ucín left the field tool foundry to install a rim lamination train. A warehouse was built next to the old lamination facility to expand the product line and sections. The decision was made in 2001 to open a higher capacity train between Azkoitia and Azpeitia, in Basarte.